Preventative Risk Management
Any number of external or internal events could create a potential threat or indeed a significant business interruption (SBI).
Until recently, few organisations considered there to be a need for regular assessments of business risks or dedicated business continuity management systems unless a legal condition of doing business or through regulation such as in Financial Services.
So why is Risk Management important to everyone now?
Today our working environment is less secure whether it is threatened by climate change or adverse weather, utility outages, acts of terrorism or the continuing global financial crisis.
The old adage of "failing to plan is planning to fail" is now perhaps becoming more relevant than ever before and managing risks is the daily business of today’s public and private sector leaders.
But we just don’t want you to think about the obvious risks that may exist within your business, it’s often the subtler ones that may catch you out! Our teams can support you because we have a wide range of risk management and related mainstream business skills including:
- security audits & surveys
- environmental management
- security & information management
- overt and covert technical security solutions
- risk assessment, risk entity profiling & risk mitigation
- business impact analysis, service interruption analysis
- crisis & incident management
- supply chain management & auditing
- succession planning
- change management
- performance management
- programme and project management
- strategic & business planning
- training delivery
- table top and live exercising
- coaching & mentoring
- business & financial analysis
- ICT audit, review & fail over testing
Did you know that as the MD, Senior Manager, Supervisor you can all be taken to a criminal court and charged with corporate manslaughter if anyone is killed or badly hurt and you have not taken ‘reasonable steps’ to manage your company’s risk?
So in today’s challenging business environment we suggest you need to ask yourselves the following:
- Does your business feel safe & secure?
- What would your staff say to the same question?
- Do you regularly assess the risks of your company is facing whether they be - economic, legal, safety, physical security or environmental?
- Are you and your team equipped and empowered to deal with the risks?
- Is risk a topic of regular discussion for the executive and senior management?
- Have you tested your disaster recovery or business continuity plan in the last 12 months?
- Do you regularly picture your business in the future? Do you know what you want your staff and your customers to be saying about your company in 6 months time?
- If you aren’t driving the business forward who will be?
Can you answer YES to all these questions?
Your company’s resilience today is more critical to our economy than ever before and there are many other benefits to building a strong and enduring business:
- Increased efficiency
- Increased profitability
- Lower insurance premiums
- More favourable lending opportunities
- Increased Motivation
- Peace of Mind
Email us for more information
Other Leema services